sailing school

sailing school
skiffs

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chocolatée - Gay Chocolate Shop Opens in Marseillan!

Shock waves are rippling through the sleepy seaside port of Marseillan, as it finds itself suddenly, possibly, potentially, definitely, maybe Chic....

Spotted late last week, a large and extremely flamboyant chandelier being unloaded from a white van, under the supervision of two fragrant and very well groomed men, accompanied by their fragrant and very well groomed French bulldog.  Said chandelier was then wheeled towards a recently purchased premesis under the throes of opening up for business. 

Having  studiously peered through the darkened windows on more than one occasion, I could see velvet ottomans and mirrored cabinets smouldering at me through the gloomy interior. Clearly some sort of retail outlet was being fitted out, but what could it be?

Not long after, a sign painter began plying his trade on the fascia above this mystery shop.  Gradually, the words "Chocolatée" started to appear. Chocolate!  I was intrigued!  I was interested!  I was hanging around hoping for free samples. 
A day or so later, of the two fragrant gentlemen in charge of the Salon, one was seen walking their eccentric, kerbside rolling, kerchief sporting bulldog along the quayside whilst the other selected to indulge in a carafe of rosé and a spot of afternoon reading in one of our many waterfront cafés - clearly in no rush to open their chocolate shop / salon du thé.

This would never do!  I was keen for the chocolate shop to open! 
Tourists would be keen to drink the thé! 
Marseillan was keen welcome fresh, pink faces to the community! 
I checked at the boules park. I enquired at the Clés du Soleil, real estate agency. I pestered Sylvie at Cap'tifs Coiffeuse. I asked at Le Sporting coffee bar.  Finally, I discovered they knew what was going down in Marseillan at the street wise Spar.  Chocolateé would be opening Wednesday. Watch this space......

1 comment:

  1. Cet "article" est, pardonnez-moi, un recueil de conneries, d'inepties et autres préjugés stéréotypés!!!

    ReplyDelete